Saturday, March 28, 2009

The single life.

This is written by lisa,

so this afternoon when momzy picked me up from work she announced the good news. There is a latin-american evening at the city hall. Great fun!
NOT! As we were walking up to the hall i commented that this was my first outing out with my parents as a old maid. And i mentioned a certain prominent old maid, and guess who greated us at the door...
I was under the impression this would be a fancy do with lots me people my age... The only people my age was the old maid... 5 years my senior and next in line was the lady sitting next to me, 45 years my sinior and this was the young crowed.
so while i was sitting minding my own business and feeling very sorry for myself, the old maid stepped up to you and said, she hoped the tables were sturdy enough... Meaning we were to dance on it. All of a sudden i got short of breath and my mouth went dry... Did she just classify me as one of them! I wanted to burst out in tears. Do the rest of the town also think i'm an old maid!?
Why did i quit drinking!! A double whatever neat would come in pretty handy right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment