Saturday, March 7, 2009

Life's not fair.

-lisa-




Two sayings I absolutely detest are: THERE ARE MANY FISH IN THE SEE… (Usually said by people happily involved in a relationship) and… LIFE’S NOT FAIR

… What a load of $#!£… my mom loves this saying… if I had a 50c every time she’s used that phrase I’d be a rich women and life would be very fair.

If you can remember I’ve mentioned that I’m a middle child… and I think for us life is just a little less fair. Had to share a room with my sister for the first couple of years of my life… no fair… then the brat arrived… no fair… then I had to share with him for a while… no fair… then when we got older and it was inappropriate for little girls and boys to share a bedroom, I got shipped back to dear old miss bossy boots… no fair… ok that wasn’t fair on both of us…






NO FAIR!!!

I grow up in middle class white South Africa during the apartheid era. You know the hand-me-down-class. First dear old sis got the dress and when she out grow it I got it… not fair… I can even take it back a little farther… the oldest coz got the dress, then her younger sister, then dear old sis… then me…






NO FAIR…

We didn’t have enough money to go on holiday to the sea side, but we had too much for the welfare to send us, like the other poor old souls in school whose parents had even less. My mom made most of our clothes, don’t get me wrong, some times it looked just like the ones in store… but never really got to wear store bought… only on special occasions...

Then can 1994 and the end of apartheid… now all whites were worse off… middle class even more so… now government started looking after the previously disadvantage, witch was right.. But now street children and aids orphans were wearing Nike and Reebok and I was still wearing pep specials... not fair… and so the list goes on, I know it might sound as if I’m ungrateful, I’m not. I just wish someone would cut the middle class-middle child a brake…

I live at home… not fair… I don’t have my own transport… not fair… in earn peanuts so can’t afford to move out or get my own car… not fair… I have to depend on the graciousness of my parents to get from point a to point be… thank goodness they’re gracious… sometimes… and only short distances… I have no privacy… not fair… when friends come to visit (which, by the way, doesn’t happen that often) I always get the short end of the stick… my parents ends up chattering away and I serve drinks… not fair… and so on and so on… today is Saturday, you know what I did last night? Watched moment of truth… thought Friday nights were for going out with friends… I couldn’t, have no cash or car… I work my arse off just to pay the bills, my only indulgence use to be retail therapy, now I can’t even enjoy that anymore…

Today was my company’s annual golf day… our division wasn’t even notified about this… I had to find out from a friend who doesn’t even work for the company... She wanted to know if I could help out at the canca shavethon where she had to work cause she’s going to our golf day with her hubby… bloody cheek!!!!! The whole company is enjoying the day team building and having fun and my division had to work like I said we weren’t even notified, let alone invited…



NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!

So here I am single poor female still liveing with her parents and to crown it all, I’m busy getting a cold… 3 days before my 30th birthday…NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!

NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR!

Am I just feeling sorry for myself or is my life just not fair? And am I the only on or are there others? And is there some kind of support group? And can I sign up? If there isn’t, can we get one started?

! ! L I F E I S N O T F A I R ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment