Wednesday, April 1, 2009

hopeless romantic me

-lisa-

I’m a hopeless romantic. It’s actually sickening. I get all mushy and teary eyed at the end of romantic movies, even just semi romantic movies. I’ve even been known to get all misty over some ads. I don’t think it’s healthy. It’s made me a little delusional. I keep waiting for the romantic, guy sweeps you of your feet, takes you in his arms and passionately kiss you as the scene fades away with the last notes of baby I love your way by Big Mountain plays in the background, to happen.

All time favourite top 5 romantic movies… Love Actually, Moulin Rouge, Romeo and Juliet, the Notebook, Bridget Jones diary… and then a very unconventional movie but a really great tragic love story… Brokeback Mountain. I know its about two men falling in love and all, but its still two people feeling so passionately about each other but society keeps them apart… kinda like a gay Romeo and Juliet.

So I’m 30 and single and still waiting for that rugged manly man to come riding in on his steed and whisk me away, or the Greek/ Italian, well, Mediterranean bronzed god with his rock hard glisten body emerging from the waves to take me in is arms on a deserted beach and…(Momzy might be reading), or that guy you love to hate that works in the same store/ restaurant… that one night after closing you accidently get locked in with and both realise that all the time its been the strong attraction to each other that made you dislike each other intensely. Or the handsome sophisticated new marketing manager with the wit and charm that you know you never stand a chance of having, whom to your delightful surprise starts sending you very flirtatious IM’s and so the start of a budding office romance or the sweet shy ex con who only went to jail to get his brother out… to much?

But unfortunately I live in a small town with my parents and work with a bunch of women. And the available (note I don’t even care about age any more) ones are getting less by the hour. I live hundreds of miles away from the nearest beach and the only Greeks in town are the ones that own the greasy café down town, my marketing manager is married and not a very pleasant person, besides, don’t work on a computer at work. So maybe the rugged manly man on horse back and hopeful not Brokeback.

I just wish I could meet someone that is actually attainable. There is this guy at church though, since the moment I first laid eyes on him I knew there was something there, and I was getting these signals from him. Then to his shock and my horror he learnt that I was 10 years older then him… yes you read correctly, so when you’re done swallowing your tongue and regain consciousness… I’m 10 years older then him, now were a little more like very good friends then anything else, but I see the way he looks at me when he thinks I’m not watching and the little things he says and does… or maybe its just me and my wild imagination… plus his dating my friend and he studies far from here so I don’t really get to see him much.

I’ve always liked younger guys. First kiss, 3 years younger, first boyfriend, 4 years younger, last guy 5 years younger. Call me Mrs. Robinson. I think it’s the innocence linked to younger guys or maybe the fear of feeling old or maybe I secretly know it will never happen so I won’t have to worry about getting hurt… that last one actually sucks, cause I always get a little hurt. Whether it’s because I get my heart broken or realise how hopeless it all is, I still end up with a bruised heart.

so what ever it may be, i'm still waiting, and hoping, and wishing, and praying... as the song says... for mr right, cause mr right now, just won't cut it.

1 comment: