Tuesday, April 7, 2009

eating out

-jozeygirl-

So, tonight it was my cooking turn again. And on the menu, lasagne… lasagne mate to be precise. Lasagne mate is lasagne in a box. I am ashamed to admit it, I think if Gordon Ramsey got to hear about this, he’d come after me with his chefs knife. He’s my hero you know, well, one of them anyway. I love cooking and love trying out new things, and lasagne mate is new to me. In our house hold the only instant is instant coffee.

The thing about growing up in a house with a father as a chef is that you learn to cook at a very young age. I remember as children Momzy would phone from work and tell us to start dinner. She only packed our school lunch in primary school. Once we turned 13 we had to fend for our selves. Sometimes begging would help… begging her to make out lunch, that is. I pretend I‘m presenting my own cooking show when I prepare dinner.

So back to the lasagne… a couple of posts back I wrote about the disaster’s Mexican evening. The served lasagne for dinner… with cauliflower, carrots and green beans in. The chef and momzy’s looked like Sheppard’s pie. I wish someone would have told them about this miracle in a box. I’ll definitely try it again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Momzey and the Chef enjoyed it also. What a good idea, I think I will also try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete