Tuesday, May 5, 2009

working class hero


There’s this guy in town that goes door to door and sells veggies. He rides around on a bike with a cooler box on the front. He always looks so happy. One day while on the way to Pretoria (2 hours drive) we picked him up on the side of the high way. He was walking to the next town (30min by car). The chef asked why he was walking; he explained that every morning he would walk the 60km to go buy veggies and then hike back to sell it. I was shocked. This guy always looks so happy, always friendly and smiling and yet, he doesn’t have much. I say he’s richer then most people, he’s figured out that you don’t need a lot to be happy. This one day Momzy and I were in town, it started raining but there he was on his bike, doing deliveries and not even the wet weather could wash off his smile. I think his a real working class hero and I think we can all take a page from his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment