Saturday, February 28, 2009

IF THAT'S COOL!!!!!

About 8 years ago I went to visit my sister and cousin in Sun City, the Vegas of South Africa, I met a guy there and we stared dating. About 4 months into this relationship, my very first I must mention, I moved in with him and we lived together for about six months.

He was a lifeguard at the waterpark and I worked in a music shop. Life was grand; we were young, in love and free. Then the shop closed down and I had to moved back home. At first things worked out fine, but then about two months after I’d left, he met someone else, so naturally we broke up, I eventually got over him and in the next few years didn’t give much thought to the whole thing or him.

Then about a month ago I logged on to check my emails. And there it was, the name pounced from out the screen. For a few minutes I just sat there looking at the screen, his name being etched into my mind. I couldn’t believe it. This is how the little boy in that move must have felt like when he said ‘I see dead people’. I clicked on the message and it opened. One single sentence:

Hey it mat here give me a call sum time

And his number.
WHAAAAAAAT!!!! Could this be? The guy, who broke my heart, hasn’t spoken to me in almost a decade and now he wants me to call him. You must be joking, I thought. So I did the one thing I could think of….

…I called him. We chatted for a long while. He told me how he tried finding me a few times, every time coming up short. Why was he trying to get hold of me? Did he miss me? He was thinking about me. So it was decided that he would come and visit… it would have been fine if I actually got a chance to sit and visit with him. My dad needed help repairing the roof and my sister, whom was also visiting for the weekend, kept him occupied the rest of the time. This was just not working out for me.

About a week later I got a message saying that he hoped we could get a chance to catch up. We planned another visit for this weekend, but early in last week I got a message saying that he had to work this weekend, no worries, I’d go and visit him. His reply was this:

That’s cool but I have met someone we are dating if that’s cool.

IF THAT’S COOL!!!

What’s that suppose to mean? Is it cool with me that his new love would be hanging around when I go visit him? I don’t know, shouldn’t he ask her that? Is it cool if my ex comes and visits me for the weekend hon? I can just imagine her reply. Or does he want to know if its cool with that his met someone and almost broke my heart again? Let’s think about that one for a bit…

No comments:

Post a Comment