Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Great loves

Marc Anthony and Cleopatra, Romeo and Juliette, Lois Lane and Superman. I think we get but one great love in our life and if you miss it, you spend the rest of your life hoping and wishing and wondering. A selected few are lucky enough to find that love early on and be happy for ever, for the rest of us we either spend our lives searching for it or wishing we hadn't let go. Me, i think i've found my one great love, at the time i didn't know it was him but years later i came to the realization that he might have been the one, unfortunately, one day he was there, the next he wasn't. Now i find myself comparing every other guy i meet to him, i believe that's why i'm still single. Noone will ever be good enough. We're still great friends, best friends infact, Noone gets me like he does, noone makes me smile or laugh like he does and noone frustrates me more then he does. I'll go to the ends of the earth for him and i know he'll do the same but his married now to a wonderfull women that worships the ground he walks on so good friends is all we'll be and that is fine. I never wanted to settle for second best but these days it looks like i'll have to. At lest i've accepted it so now i can move on and look forward. I know there is someone out there for me, he might not be the greatest love of my life but he'll be great. I'll just have to put that little extra in. But happiness i'll find.

No comments:

Post a Comment